Tweet We thought it would be fun to share some of our childhood memories with readers of the blog. When you click over to the “contributors” sidebar on the right, you can read about how Dave Schramm idolized Bob Saget and would cry out for his protection in times of distress. Or read about how […]
Archive | Just for Fun RSS feed for this section
For us, toys and the people who love them are all about having fun. After all, we’re a bunch of goofs! Let us show you what makes us say, “Wow” when it comes to kids, toys, and “way back when!” Because while we are about selling fun toys, we all known people need more “fun” in their lives!
Tweet Friedrich Froebel had beautiful ideas about early childhood development. In 1837 he opened the first kindergarten in Bad Blankenburg with the belief that young children would benefit from an education that incorporated self-expression, creativity, social activity, motor ability and work. Froebel believed that education relates to all capabilities of each child: imaginative, creative, symbolic, […]
Tweet I’ll be the first to admit I was a nerdy kid. And I wouldn’t have had it any other way. Since the beginning, (according to my baby book), I always preferred toys, activities, and movies with a more educational theme. We had a video rental store right down the street from our home that […]
Tweet Bilibo has become something of a global sensation in the 9 years following its birth, winning toy and design awards in Germany, Switzerland, the US and the UK. So it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Bilibo is now being featured in an exhibit at the MoMA. It’s part of Shape Lab, an interactive […]
Tweet Sometimes I get really excited about toys when I write the product descriptions. Recently I became obsessed with the Yomega Hot Shot Yo-Yo; so obsessed that I convinced Jon and Kim to supply me with one for a series of blog posts called “Ellen Learns to Yo-Yo with Yomega.” Here’s the pitch that earned […]
Tweet Last Wednesday, Downtown State College was invaded by hoards of kids! They set up tables full of arts, crafts and games along Allen Street and started selling at the Arts Festival Children’s Day. As a kid, I spent hours walking down the three block stretch of crafts, buying cool toys from my peers. I […]
- Just for Fun
- Let's Play!
- News Branch
- Toy Maker Tidbits
- Toy Reviews
- Toy Talk
Follow @growingtreetoys on Twitter
- Try the Toy: Ready2Learn Giant Farm Animal Stamp Set May 3, 2010
- Tragic Norwegian Toy Maker “Ruins” Landscapes with Gigantic Versions of Familiar Toys April 1, 2010
- Get to Know Our Blog Contributors August 31, 2010
- Top Specialty and Learning Toys of 2010 November 4, 2010
- Math and Money – A Real World Toy Experience November 13, 2009
- Pro Hockey is Back! January 6, 2013
- Teeny Tiny Nanoblocks are Great Big Fun! January 3, 2013
- Lights for Life: Helping Kids and the Planet December 28, 2012
- Five Festive Cookie Recipes December 18, 2012
- Top Ten Toddler Toys December 9, 2012
- Pro Hockey is Back!: [...] in NHL logos, this set is made by the same c...
- Top Ten Toddler Toys: [...] pack into their own brown grocery bag. You r...
- Gentle Giraffe Toy Review: [...] see the last “M Reviews” of the ...
- High-Tech Tips for Stargazing: [...] you looked at the night sky recently? We wer...
- Shop by Brand for Top Holiday Toys: [...] now, you may have seen our recent blog posts...