Tweet Yesterday, thousands of people around the globe spent the entire day attempting to break completely obscure and unbelievable records during the 5th annual Guinness World Record Day – and I missed it! Though I wasn’t fortunate enough to participate in any number of this year’s amazing record shattering events and world-record attempts, let’s take […]
Archive | Just for Fun RSS feed for this section
For us, toys and the people who love them are all about having fun. After all, we’re a bunch of goofs! Let us show you what makes us say, “Wow” when it comes to kids, toys, and “way back when!” Because while we are about selling fun toys, we all known people need more “fun” in their lives!
Tweet Remember when your parents tried to sneak vegetables onto your plate and thought you wouldn’t notice? Just as you wouldn’t eat those vegetables because they were ‘good for you,’ students won’t learn ‘because they have to,’ especially difficult subjects such as geography. I’ve never had a strong grasp on geography, which is apparent when […]
Tweet As a toddler, there was nothing I loved more than playing Tic-Tac-Toe on my refrigerator with those boring yellow magnetic X’s and O’s; after all, when you play by yourself, you’re always the winner. In spite of my one-sided victories, my interest in Tic-Tac-Toe became an obsession (especially when I was victorious against other […]
Tweet When I was eight, I swore that one day I would break a world record and be showered with eternal glory (ah, the certainty of youth)! However, while I’m still searching for that elusive World Record title, the eastern United States is bursting with record breaking hijinks! All good things come in three’s […]
Tweet Scrabble was my favorite childhood game – when I played with my friends. But, if I challenged my dad to a “friendly” game, it turned into the Scrabble scene from The Wedding Planner when Mary dominates the board. I quote, “E-A-R-W-A-X. “X” on a double letter, “E” on a triple word – 72 points!” […]
Tweet My first experience with origami failed miserably – the paper was too small, the crane figure was too ornate, and my fingers were like plump sausages trying to create delicate folds. Though I was (and am still to this day) inexperienced with origami, I blame my utter failure on the tiny piece of paper […]
- Just for Fun
- Let's Play!
- News Branch
- Toy Maker Tidbits
- Toy Reviews
- Toy Talk
Follow @growingtreetoys on Twitter
- Try the Toy: Ready2Learn Giant Farm Animal Stamp Set May 3, 2010
- Tragic Norwegian Toy Maker “Ruins” Landscapes with Gigantic Versions of Familiar Toys April 1, 2010
- Get to Know Our Blog Contributors August 31, 2010
- Top Specialty and Learning Toys of 2010 November 4, 2010
- Play Ball! Outdoor Fun with Baseball Toys April 19, 2010
- Pro Hockey is Back! January 6, 2013
- Teeny Tiny Nanoblocks are Great Big Fun! January 3, 2013
- Lights for Life: Helping Kids and the Planet December 28, 2012
- Five Festive Cookie Recipes December 18, 2012
- Top Ten Toddler Toys December 9, 2012
- Pro Hockey is Back!: [...] in NHL logos, this set is made by the same c...
- Top Ten Toddler Toys: [...] pack into their own brown grocery bag. You r...
- Gentle Giraffe Toy Review: [...] see the last “M Reviews” of the ...
- High-Tech Tips for Stargazing: [...] you looked at the night sky recently? We wer...
- Shop by Brand for Top Holiday Toys: [...] now, you may have seen our recent blog posts...