Tweet I have always enjoyed the Outdoor Toys department here at Growing Tree Toys, and whenever there is a new twist on a toy you throw I must try it for myself. Last year I was hooked on the Djubi, and this year when I saw the Zartz Darts – I knew I had to [...]
About Jon EmighI grew up with Growing Tree Toys – and after years of playing with toys, selling toys, painting the store, cleaning shelving, and all of the other odd jobs that go along with being a child in the family business, I wanted to become even more involved as an adult! So in 2003, I moved back to State College with my wife to launch the e-commerce website for Growing Tree Toys, and the rest, as they say, is history. I love working on the operational side of the business, which includes managing, updating and testing our website, overseeing the wonderful warehouse, and constantly evaluating our processes and practices. I sometimes feel like the internet was made for people like me – scouring the internet for the latest research and data is more than a hobby of mine! Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my wife and our rambunctious labradoodle Toby. Music is a constant companion in my life and I love spending time enjoying the great Pennsylvania outdoors!
Author Archive | Jon Emigh
Tweet With spring in the air it brings back a lot of outdoor memories from my childhood. When I was a child and the weather turned warm, I was outside all the time. And in my younger years you could usually find me in one place – my fort! When it comes to a child’s [...]
Tweet It is hard to believe that Hanukkah is well under way; we are one week from Christmas Eve and only two weeks from New Year’s Eve! But while we are coming down the holiday stretch, there is still plenty of time to finish your holiday shopping list online– and get your order delivered in [...]
Tweet It is that time of year again – time for some holiday shopping madness! The term “Black Friday” was coined in the 1960’s for the shopping frenzy that is the day after Thanksgiving. And ever since, businesses, shoppers and Santa’s elves have tried to make the most of the shopping deals found on Black [...]
Tweet I remember in grade school when we used to play with homemade “scooters,” which were nothing more than a piece of wood with four wheels attached. We would use them to slide across the floor on our stomachs, play tag, and bump into each other (it was always my favorite way to spend gym [...]
Tweet When I was a kid, one of my favorite days was garbage day! Yes, I would sit in the front yard and wait for the garbage man to come so I could watch him use – what I considered – the coolest truck in the world and take away all our trash. The garbage [...]
- Just for Fun
- Let's Play!
- News Branch
- Toy Maker Tidbits
- Toy Reviews
- Toy Talk
Follow @growingtreetoys on Twitter
- Try the Toy: Ready2Learn Giant Farm Animal Stamp Set May 3, 2010
- Tragic Norwegian Toy Maker “Ruins” Landscapes with Gigantic Versions of Familiar Toys April 1, 2010
- Get to Know Our Blog Contributors August 31, 2010
- Top Specialty and Learning Toys of 2010 November 4, 2010
- Play Ball! Outdoor Fun with Baseball Toys April 19, 2010
- Pro Hockey is Back! January 6, 2013
- Teeny Tiny Nanoblocks are Great Big Fun! January 3, 2013
- Lights for Life: Helping Kids and the Planet December 28, 2012
- Five Festive Cookie Recipes December 18, 2012
- Top Ten Toddler Toys December 9, 2012
- Pro Hockey is Back!: [...] in NHL logos, this set is made by the same c...
- Top Ten Toddler Toys: [...] pack into their own brown grocery bag. You r...
- Gentle Giraffe Toy Review: [...] see the last “M Reviews” of the ...
- High-Tech Tips for Stargazing: [...] you looked at the night sky recently? We wer...
- Shop by Brand for Top Holiday Toys: [...] now, you may have seen our recent blog posts...