Tweet It’s always difficult to let go of childhood toys, but after over 11 months of work, Fred Keller and Judy Foster recently proved you don’t always have to. The couple from Anchorage Alaska recently converted their 1976 Maza B1600 pick-up into a fully functioning, street legal, Radio Flyer wagon! Check out this awesome video […]
About Dave Schramm
While attending my final year at Penn State, I first joined the Growing Tree Toys team as a member of our warehouse team. After spending a year at the Growing Tree Toys warehouse, (and graduating) I made the move to work at the Growing Tree office as the Web Admin. I spend most of my free time going to see live music and spending as much time as I can with my friends.
When I was a kid my absolute favorite book was… “The Monster at the end of this Book.” Thanks to an aunt that loved this book almost as much as I did, I’ve heard Grover’s story literally hundreds of times. By the time I was old enough to read it to myself, I had already memorized the entire book (along with the appropriate voices and actions)!
When I was a kid my very best friend and I used to… skip recess so that we could “design” our very own video game. Nearly every day we would meet to discuss our new ideas, writing down any idea that we could both agree on. At the end of 5th grade, we had a book totaling well over 100 pages. Unfortunately our plans never came to fruition, but I often wish that I could find the time (and creativity) to do it again!
When I was a kid my childhood hero was… Bob Saget. I’m not sure how or why this happened, but I do know that video exists of me yelling “Bob Saget, save me!”
Author Archive | Dave Schramm
Tweet Despite the sheer inability to keep a steady hand, setting up a Domino Rally was one of my favorite things to do growing up. I never managed to construct anything like the following videos, but it was always a fun experience — even though it almost always ended abruptly with an unexpected earthquake (also […]
Tweet I knew immediately which new toy I wanted to review after I heard a combination of 2 things: • How much fun my bosses had with it at Toy Fair • Its creator (John Hunter) is responsible for Super High Altitude Research Program, otherwise known as the world’s largest gas gun Sporting a bright […]
Tweet I’ve been a visual learner all of my life. Whether learning calculus, putting together a complicated piece of furniture or deciding to buy a product, seeing a demonstration has always been beneficial to me. Part of my job here at Growing Tree Toys is to obtain and publish images of the toys we put […]
Tweet One company has constantly stuck out to me as having fun and interesting toys: Scientific Explorer. With a range of science kits spanning from perfume to magic, the series has experiments for nearly every child ages 6 and up. I’ve heard a few horror stories about projects similar to the Bubble Gum Factory, sometimes […]
Tweet Growing up, my brother and I constantly struggled to find common interests. My Christmas and birthday presents were typically the newest and most popular video games, while my brother’s presents included “toys” such as a Dremel tool and a Shop-Vac (I doubt I will ever see a 12 year old get so excited over […]
- Just for Fun
- Let's Play!
- News Branch
- Toy Maker Tidbits
- Toy Reviews
- Toy Talk
Follow @growingtreetoys on Twitter
- Try the Toy: Ready2Learn Giant Farm Animal Stamp Set May 3, 2010
- Tragic Norwegian Toy Maker “Ruins” Landscapes with Gigantic Versions of Familiar Toys April 1, 2010
- Get to Know Our Blog Contributors August 31, 2010
- Top Specialty and Learning Toys of 2010 November 4, 2010
- Play Ball! Outdoor Fun with Baseball Toys April 19, 2010
- Pro Hockey is Back! January 6, 2013
- Teeny Tiny Nanoblocks are Great Big Fun! January 3, 2013
- Lights for Life: Helping Kids and the Planet December 28, 2012
- Five Festive Cookie Recipes December 18, 2012
- Top Ten Toddler Toys December 9, 2012
- Pro Hockey is Back!: [...] in NHL logos, this set is made by the same c...
- Top Ten Toddler Toys: [...] pack into their own brown grocery bag. You r...
- Gentle Giraffe Toy Review: [...] see the last “M Reviews” of the ...
- High-Tech Tips for Stargazing: [...] you looked at the night sky recently? We wer...
- Shop by Brand for Top Holiday Toys: [...] now, you may have seen our recent blog posts...